The title sounds cliche but that’s what this time of year is for. 2012 is winding down and it’s time to reflect and be thankful for what we all have. For half the year I was in the good habit of writing a gratitude list on my blog called “Counting My Blessings” but fell out of the routine. So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, and the need to revisit my gratitude list, I am counting my blessings and here are a few things I am thankful for this year:
2. The Strala community. I am so happy to get to know some of you, especially my fellow guides in the Fall Teacher Training! You are all such inspiring , wonderful people. xoxo!
3. Tara and Mike – thank you, thank you, thank you for everything!
4. Food. (I write this as I am chowing on clementines.) But in all seriousness, I am so thankful that I have the means to cook and eat good food.
5. This brings me back to family and friends. I am so thankful that I have family and friends and good food to look forward to and share on Thursday.
6. In the aftermath of Sandy, incredibly thankful I have heat, hot water, electricity and shelter.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Have a wonderful, safe, yummy holiday!! xoxo!
Deborah is a Strala Certified Yoga Guide (Fall 2012) and a pre-Master’s student in Nutrition. She has always been passionate about food and meditation and when she found the physical activity of yoga, became equally as passionate. Upon beginning a regular yoga practice, Deborah found herself craving good, healthy foods and realized there was something very special about yoga and healthy eating. She wanted to shout this revelation from the rooftops and so, created The Food Yogi Blog where she shares recipes, nutrition information, yoga incites and more. Follow her blog via email, or on Twitter @TheFoodYogi and on Facebook. “Start with one healthy choice and it will lead to others…an upward spiral.”