You have a way to unstick what’s stuck, unblock what’s blocked, fix what needs fixing and create what needs creating. You just need to practice this way a bit, every day, to make it yours. It’s why we created Strala, and why we do what we do every day.
1) Learn to drop the stress and struggle : because we know stress and struggle don’t work as a life strategy.
2) Learn to move more easily through challenge : because when we move easily, with grace and coordination, we can do more than we ever dreamed possible.
3) Learn to adopt a new mindset for life, that says we can get wherever we want to go, and feel good every step along the way : because we know that “No pain no gain” is an extremely self-limiting myth.
4) Learn to bring our whole self into everything we do : because when we connect with everything we’ve got, it energizes us, and uplifts everyone we touch.
5) Learn to steer clear of rigid rules, and connect with our own unique intuition : because we know the science is clear now. Rigidity is both precursor and symptom of mental illness, and the rigidity in yoga’s history has mistakenly brought our most common neurosis into our cure. More stress! We know we can all do even better, by letting the stress go, and learning to accomplish challenge in a soft, peaceful, and easygoing way.
6) Learn to heal, on the level of our neurology, our chromosomes, and our psychology : because it’s something we all need, and something we can all support in each other.
It’s so inspiring to watch how people carry this way of being, moving, and healing across their lives, into everything they do, all around the world. But there’s something funny that always comes up every year, at the end of our Strala leadership courses. Many people will always say to us something like:
“I love this. It’s right for me. This is how I want to live. But what should I do when I get home, and go back to my old yoga studio? What happens when my yoga teacher is rigid? The rules are to be followed. I am supposed to look a certain way. The movement is awkward, and doesn’t feel good. The poses don’t feel good, but I’m supposed to hold them as a way to burn through suffering. And that’s just not my shape. My yoga teacher is a nice person. I want to be respectful and kind. But the yoga my teacher is doing pushes me out of harmony with myself. So what should I do?”
And until recently, what we said in so many ways was something like: “Become invisible.” Don’t stand out. Keep quiet. Because above all else, you want to be respectful. You don’t want to rock the boat. Don’t offend anyone. So here are the 11 steps to become invisible.
But we were wrong, saying this. We were wrong, trying to become invisible.
If good people don’t stand up when they see something wrong in this world, what happens to us? If we don’t speak for what we believe, how can belief evolve? If good people don’t act for change, how can we expect change to reshape this world? We can’t.
We can change this world together. But only if good people stand for what they believe, and support each other in the change we all want. Everybody wants to feel good. Everybody wants progress, to make something more of this life. And we can get there together.
So now when we finish this time together – connecting to ourselves, learning to drop the stress and move more easily, intuitively, and powerfully in our lives – we say something very different.
Don’t be invisible. Don’t be quiet. Don’t hide. And above all else, when you see something you want, when you see change that needs to happen, raise a ruckus! Make it happen.
The world isn’t something inflicted on us, that we need to endure. The world is something we create, in how we move through it, and how we support each other along our own beautifully diverse yet universally connected path to wellbeing.
Ready to find a Strala leadership course near you? Learn more here.
About Strala Yoga Training
Strala combines the movement and healing wisdom of tai chi with the form vocabularies of yoga, tai chi, qigong, and Traditional Chinese and Japanese Medicine, to help people release stress, move easily through challenge, and live radiantly inspiring lives.
It begins with a mindset, that says our best way to get where we’re going is to feel good along the way. It also works miracles for whole health, helping us to find ease in our bodies and minds, and create the right conditions both for healing and optimal performance.
In our Strala Training Courses, you learn to shape your destiny on every level that counts, from your psychology, chemistry and neurology, to your chromosomes and even gene expression. The unique set of skills you develop – for connecting with yourself and others, unblocking your energy, healing what needs healing and accomplishing challenge with ease – uncovers your ability to create the life you want, and be an inspiring leader to the people around you.
Here with one of our favorite ruckus-rousers.
Long-time friend and Strala supporter,
MindBodyGreen founder Jason Wachob.